Friday 12 February 2016

Another View ‎– "A Career In Dancing" (Abstractions ‎– ABS-0004) 1980

For some bizarre reason I always thought Another View came from Coventry!?.....so that's the tenuous reason I have posted this tape today to link it to the previous 'Cov' Bands. Apprently he came from that other masterpiece of British architecture, Luton.
I reckon its because I received this in the post the same day as those other Coventry synth greats, 'Sea Of Wires'.(Highly recommended so click here).
The cassette didn't have any artwork like above;just a tape and a letter on AV headed notepaper.And the track listing was completely different,with different tracks,which,so I gather, was specific to each tape he (Adrian Smith) sent out in those early days.
Played this to death in 1980 in all its cold, disconnected, majesty. This has everything I love about Minimal Synth music; analogue synths,tunes played by hand, emotionless production,and a certain air of melancholia. "She Goes To Your Heart" is a perfect example of all this in action, ticks all the boxes of Minimal Synth; except for dancing to in a trendy Brooklyn nite-spot,but good for the last dance with that fat bird.

Tracks:

1. Motorway
2. Power Station
3. Maximum ontrast
4. A Career In Dancing
5. She Goes to Your Heart
6. The Elephant man
7. Amongst the Portraits
8. Pressure
9. Frequently Repeat
10. Lufthansa
11. Stay Awake
12. Urge
13. Stuntman
14. You Typewriter
15. Another View

DOWNLOAD to get another view on things HERE!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this, I guess you are aware that Adrian Smith moved on to 'click click' who released a new record ( well cd/download really) last year

Jonny Zchivago said...

Cheers Mark.I wasn't aware until quite recently.I had even forgotten about Another View until a year or so ago. All fixed now.

Roach said...

What a find, brilliant, thanks!

Unknown said...

Come to think of it, sometimes I do miss that last dance with the fat bird... ouch!

Howlin' said...

I'd neither heard nor heard of Another View before your post. Fantastic stuff. Thanks so much.